What to do in Rome?
Choosing just one place to visit in Rome is basically mission impossible. However, when making a list of places to visit there are a few musts. Still don't know which ones? Check out our list of 5 places not to miss in Rome.
5 places you can't miss in Rome
1. The Colosseum. It is impossible to think of Rome and not imagine the Colosseum – an amphitheatre where gladiators fought in ancient Rome, a place full of history. It's a symbol of the great Roman Empire and paying it a visit is essential.
2. Fontana di Trevi. The Trevi Fountain – which belongs to the baroque era – is an icon of the city and one of the most well known fountain in the world. Thousands of tourists throw a coin in it every year in the hope of returning to Rome one day.
3. Sistine Chapel. A unique and magnificent work of architecture of which we may highlight its ceiling, whose paintings we owe to Michelangelo. A place where we can enjoy art at its maximum splendour.
4. Spanish Steps. This staircase, which will take us from the Piazza di Spagna to the Piazza Trinità dei Monti, is another symbol of the city. It has been and still is a place where important fashion shows take place. Just across from Via Condotti, it's a perfect street to shop for the most exclusive clothing brands.
5. St. Peter's Basilica. Set in the Vatican, this great architectural work is known worldwide for its mass papal masses. Its interior will dazzle visitors with its decoration full of gold ornaments and marble. An authentic jewel not to be missed.
Rome certainly has much more to offer, such as Castel Sant'Angelo, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Roman Forum, etc. Not to forget its world renowned cuisine, its friendly people and its charming atmosphere which all make tourists fall in love with the Eternal City.